I’m excited to have Sarah Klassen over today from Haute Design sharing with you her Five Favorite Design Elements. Her blog is teeming with inspiration and well…the latest in haute design! One click around and I’m sure you will agree it’s a pretty fabulous little library of amazing-ness!
1. Tall columns that frame spaces and guide your eye upward, to appreciate many beautiful details often featured on the ceiling.
2. Fashionable pieces brought to life inside the home -- it could be an oversized necklace used as an artistic element or a sweeping staircase that brings a beautiful gown to mind.
3. Golden edges -- especially on molding, teacups, chandeliers, and candelabras. Haute and classic -- I cannot help myself.
4. Surprising statues tucked into nooks, busts and carvings. They are fascinating.
5. Stone walls and flooring. So cool and refreshing especially during hot Summer months. I love their imperfections and the warmth of their look. I also enjoy how adaptable stone is -- beautiful as a backdrop for striking modern pieces or perfect with traditional styles. (and if you know me well, you would know I would choose a lot of modern and a little traditional)
Thanks, Sarah...such original elements!